Breastfeeding has great advantages for you and your baby. Your milk is easily digestible and contains unique nutrients adjusted to the needs of your baby. Breastmilk is preferred over artificial milk for your newborn because breastmilk increases the immunologic system of your baby. In addition, breastfeeding your baby is a special and intimate experience. How to latch your baby to your breast takes some practice and is something you will need to learn. After learning how to properly breastfeed your baby it will not only be the best food for your baby, but also the most easy option.
- Breastmilk adjusts itself to the needs and age of your baby, even with premature babies.
- Breastmilk contains certain nutrients and antibodies that can not be produced outside the body. These nutrients and antibodies protect your baby from diseases. Children that have been breastfed are less often and less severely ill.
- Breastfeeding reduces the risk of allergies.
- Breastmilk is always available and always the right temperature.
- Babies that have been breastfed in the first six months are less likely to develop high blood pressure, obesity or cardiovascular diseases as an adult.
- You will most likely lose the baby weight faster.
- It improves the recovery from the delivery and reduces blood loss.
- Your menstruation will stay away longer.
- Your chances of developing osteoporosis, rheumatism or breast cancer at a later age decrease.
- Breastfeeding stimulates the bond between mother and child.
Not every woman chooses or is able to breastfeed. We are happy to help you decide which option is best for you. For artificial nutrition we have specific formulas based on the birthweight of your baby. This will allow us to determine how much nutrition your baby needs every day.